The counselling is intended for students whose native language is not Czech, have graduated from a secondary school outside the Czech Republic and are enrolled in Czech study programs. These are not students participating in short-term study stays, although some activities of the counselling also target this group of students. The main goal of the counselling is to help students with a successful study and integration into the university or the Pilsen community.
Students can contact us:
- when they have a problem with orientation at the University,
- they need help in negotiations at the student administration office or office,
- have trouble adapting to different cultures,
- if they want to improve their Czech,
- they are interested in cultural and tourist tips, but also useful study advice,
- to be a part of the community of foreign students of the UWB (FB group).
Team building events
The counselling offers students individual consultations in the UWB Kulturka (by prior arrangement) and regular monthly meetings. During these meetings, practical study topics, such as the credit system, orientation on the Portal or grants, are addressed in a very informal spirit, and usually a tasting of selected world cuisine is also on the agenda. The staff of the counselling will also be happy to take students through the city and recommend them cultural events and places that are worth paying attention to. You can speak Czech, English and Arabic in the counselling.
Mgr. Tereza Svášková
tel. +420 377 631 356